Who is Local Pumpkin?
John and Cathy grew up in the Tri-Cities and have raised their five children here. We live on two acres in Pasco and use our converted barn as Local Pumpkin Produce Box headquarters. Four of our children work or have worked alongside us at Local Pumpkin. We believe family businesses are an important part of the local economy.
We believe what we eat has the ability to heal or harm us. We want the freshest, most nutritious food we can find.
We appreciate living in a part of the country that is agriculturally rich with a long growing season and lots of farmly farms. Local Pumpkin Produce Box started as an idea to support local family farms, our local economy, and to preserve our desire to eat fresh.
- Support of local family farmers and artisan food providers
- Support Organic and clean farming practices
- For our customers to know where their food comes from
- Source in-season produce from local farms and organic produce during eastern Washington's non-growing season.
- Build relationships with farmers, customers, and good food.