Who is Local Pumpkin?
We are the Franklin family. John and Cathy grew up in the Tri-Cities and have raised their five children here. We live on two acres in Pasco and use our converted barn as Local Pumpkin Produce Box headquarters. Four of our children work along side us at Local Pumpkin. We believe in small business and supporting our local businesses and economy. We are passionate about eating local and healthy. We believe food is more than fuel to our bodies. We believe what we eat has the ability to heal or harm us. We want the freshest, most nutritious food we can find. We appreciate living in a part of the country that is agriculturally rich with a long growing season and terrific farms. Local Pumpkin Produce Box started as an idea to support small family farms, our local economy, and to preserve our desire to eat fresh.
Our Passion for Goodness
- Provide value and quality
- Select produce for nutritional value and superior flavor
- Source in season produce from local farms and organic produce during eastern Washington's non-growing season.
- Organic and clean farming practices
- Support of local, small farmers
- Build relationships with farmers, customers, and good food.
We use family farms from Sunnyside to Hermiston to Eltopia and Othello. We always prefer local when available.